Vision, Mission And Goals
The vision is to utilize the FRC for family and community engagement with regard to school event planning meetings, parent meetings, educational workshops, leadership communication and collaboration. To make the center a safe, accessible and welcoming environment among families to promote multicultural education and improve communication throughout the year.
The mission is to coordinate a Family Resource Center that has a support system in partnership with families and communities to foster safe and caring learning environments where all families flourish.
Initial Goals for the FRC include:
- To set clear objectives, gather ideas and perspectives from parents, students and school staff to create a sense of ownership
- Create a center where everyone feels at home and where diversity is welcome. A place where families can visit each other and with teachers; to build relationships that create positive and supportive connections.
- Create a parent organization as a steering committee to provide meaningful and significant input and feedback to allow for successful outcomes.
- Provide parenting education to allow for development and advocacy skills for parents to help students with homework, projects, etc. and become more involved and interested in their student academic success.
- With the help of GMS leadership, business and community leaders, health care professionals; remain in constant contact with agency representatives to build and reinforce positive relationships which will ensure success of the FRC
- Make a concerted effort to link families with community services so they are educated on how to access resources available
- Communicate all school and family center activities through leadership and educators (in the classroom), and include events in the school calendar to increase and promote family engagement and continued interest
Family Meetings and Agendas
Next meeting TBD
Updates and Events
MFA Covid-19 Housing Assistance
The New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority Housing Cost Assistance Program can help pay your past-due housing payments if you are experiencing a financial hardship because of COVID-19.
APS Family Engagement Resources
The Office of Language and Cultural Equity in APS has provided a wealth of resources to supplement education for families and schools during this time of remote learning. Available resources include Rosetta Stone Licenses for Families, read-aloud books through the LCE YouTube Channel, and much more.