Welcome To The Garfield Stem Magnet School Health Office!
The Garfield Health Office supports the physical, emotional, and social well-being of students. We provide in-school care for chronic and acute illnesses, medication management, and the promotion of general health and wellness. We advocate for quality, student-centered, coordinated health care.
Keep Illness At Home
Students who are feeling ill should stay home.
If a student becomes ill or is injured at school, they will be sent to the Health Office and parents or caregivers will be contacted by the School Nurse or Health Assistant.
Keep Contact Information Up-to-date
If your child is ill or injured, it is essential for us to be able to get in touch with a parent, guardian, or other emergency contact.
If you change your email or phone numbers, please update your contact information in ParentVUE.
Student Health Conditions
Please let us know if your student has a chronic health condition, a health concern, or injury so we can work with you to keep your student healthy during the school day.
Please call the nurse to discuss any prescribed medications that may need to be taken at school and complete the provider authorization form.
Students are not allowed to carry medication on campus without the proper authorization form on file.
Please call us with any questions.
APS Health Forms
APS Health Policies and Resources
APS School-Based Health Centers
- APS School-Based Health Centers Open
- School-Based Health Care Brochures (PDF)
- UNM SBHC 2022 info.pdf (PDF)
- SY 2022-2023 Parent-Student Consent Eng-Span 6.28.2022.pdf (PDF)
- UNM Family Health Clinics - North Valley
- NM Human Services Assistance
- Albuquerque Public Health Offices
Vaping & Marijuana
- Marijuana Fact check
- NM Nicotine Use Prevention and Control Program
- Vaping: The Hit Your Brain Takes
One Pill Can Kill - Fentanyl Is Deadly
Mental Health Crisis Resources
New Mexico Crisis Access Line
1-855-NMCRISIS -or- 1-855-662-7474 - Toll Free 24/7/365
Peer-to-Peer Warm Line: Call or text to connect with a peer: 1-855-466-7100. Call: 7:00 am - 11:30 pm; Text: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
The Trevor Project
Text 'START' to 678-678
Online emotional support (chat)
Crisis Text Line
Envia un mensaje de texto con la palabra AYUDA al 741741 para comunicarte de manera gratuita con un Consejero de Crisis.
- Dawn Chavez-Branch, BSN, RN,
505-344-1647 ext. 54510
Google Voice (text or call): 505-916-1895
- Heidi Carleton
505-344-1647 ext. 54505
- How Do Vaccines Work?
- The Side Effects of Vaccines - How High is the Risk?
- APS: The Importance of Keeping Your Child's Vaccinations Up-To-Date
- APS: La importancia de mantener actualizadas las vacunas de su hijo
- New Mexico Vaccine Records
Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Skills Videos and Worksheets
- Vídeos y Hojas de Trabajo sobre Habilidades de Salud Mental
- 5 Ways to Deal with Anxiety (for Teens)
- Cinco Formas de Plantarle Cara a la Ansiedad
- CDC: How Are You Feeling These Days?
- CDC: ¿Cómo Te Sientes?